Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Monday, January 30, 2006

Illustration Friday: Glamour



This weeks topic on illustration Friday was Glamour. Now this picture was one of the first that got Surrealist Studio on the way. I consider it the pillar that holds it up and my inspiration to keep it going. This picture started out as a rough drawing of an eye, but with a little love and a lot of dedication, it became more than that. Just the same with my studio. It took nearly 2 years to get done. But the out come was more than I had ever imagine. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful unique style!

HARDWAX said...

very compelling, I count at least ten faces-creatures snaking under the skin of this glamour girl-even the nose and mouth look like a human skull-am I on the right track or do I just need to get more sleep? whatever it's beautiful

Rectite23 said...

Awesome! I love your style!

TheTart said...

Very surreal..ha! I am reading the new Stephen King novel...and you have created one of the Flock! Yikes.

Thanks for the nice comment & your vote!

Smooch,
The Tart

carla said...

Very intense! I like how you follow your muse to create art..things just happen as the reveal themselves. What a cool piece! You aksed how long it took to do my illo this week - probably a few hours. Even though the piece is actually quite small ( 4 1/2 x 6 ), the line patterns take time to draw. Similar pieces that are larger usually become ongoing projects - I'll work on a section for a while and then come back to it a few days later.

Claude Richard said...

Original style !