Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Thursday, February 02, 2006

DEAD ENDS


I have for some reason always liked this picture. Again like most of many I have, started out as just a rough on a sketch pad. Almost 65% of my work has turned out like this. Simple lines, deadly curves, all seem to flop and form objects that can't be explain. I posted this picture on my Yahoo 360 and got a huge response back from everyone that viewed it. Deviant Art (my viewers) had asked me,
"How did you get the bodies and faces in, and was it an accident?"
I just responded simple, "Isn't all artwork an accident?"
Title: Dead Ends
Size: 8 1/2 X 11
category: Surreal
This piece was done with ebony pencil and there is no first time layout. What you see was the first line to the last. No transfers were done, and project took about 3 weeks.

4 comments:

diosaperdida said...

cool...you have a blogger blog!

katat0nik said...

Nice work! It looks like a photo of a tattoo on flesh.
and you were right about the pie...

Unknown said...

nice drawing!!

bingo and betty said...

... most excellent.