Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Long Over Due Project

I'm like on a roll this week. This project here has been a long time in the making. And when I say long, that's just what it has been. For those who have done portraits know that there has to be a lot of time to go into it, to make it just what you see. A lot of love and time, that's what it takes. And since I've came home in November I have been working on this so that would make it 4 months. But what you don’t know is that a very special person asked for this project almost 5 years ago.
Now this is just not any person, she is a strong inspiration to my artwork. She has critiqued every piece that has left the drawing board, helped me edit and write my first novel "The Red Plague" and has been there "MOST" of the time when I needed her. Not all the time, after all, she is human too! But it’s hard reading her at times. She looks at a project and just nods with a "Yeah it looks good" or "It looks like a brain". But I know her language, and sorta know at times what she means. So I did tell her, that I would do this and I'm sure as the time has passed and she has viewed other projects for different people and probably assumed that this one has been forgotten. It took some time but at last and final it’s done. Hope she loves it, maybe I will get more than a “It looks nice, Maybe I can finally touch her soul. This is for my very best friend!
Enjoy!

Kyle

Michaela

Jacob



Title: My Legacy
Medium: .35mm Zig Memory System Millennium Pen
Faber Castell 6 Pitt Artist Pen Shades of Grey (Brush Pens)
Category: Still Life Portrait
Size: Individual Prints 8 ½ X 11
Final Layout 18 X 24

No comments: