Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Friday, October 20, 2006

Illustration Friday: GHOST

I have spoke of the voices before. Each one of the tormented souls talks differently. Their words are foreign and sometimes sound like a distant murmur...almost to faint to hear their flesh ripping screech. But as soon as I clicked on my email this morning there it was...Illustration Friday- the subject, Ghost...and boy did they start talking.


I have used this face in "Kathryn's Temptation" and in "The Grip". There is just something about it that scares the living hell out of me. This one spoke immediately as I read the title for I.F. It's one of the darkest souls that I have and you can see by the detail that him and I have had a very close run in before.

If I had to say it, then I would say that this is the drawing of the face in which the bad voice that looms over my shoulder and speaks only when rage emerges. It is thus far the darkest side of my soul yet, and the one I tend to stay far away from.
I never intended on him to show up...but he answered with a thunderous roar when Illustration Friday called.


Title: Dark Adaptation
Medium: Ebony Pencil
Size: 8 1/2 X 11

6 comments:

studio lolo said...

I couldn't look at it for too long. You're right. You want to stay away from this guy! Nice drawing though.

Loni Edwards said...

Oh wow! This is fantastic. Great technique and idea. Yes, I would definately stay away from this guy. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog too :)

Anonymous said...

murmer ... murmer ... murmer ...

Anonymous said...

Something is creeping up my spine!!!

Andrew Thornton said...

These illustrations definitely summon up a feeling of the other-worldly. They remind me a lot of certain types of Eastern art which depict disembodied spirits as abstract amorphous etities. Even though they are very creepy, I enjoy them quite a bit.

Joan said...

Okay, you have successfully scared the living hell out of me... job well done!