Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Manipulated by the Manipulator_UPDATE



Okay, so after almost 8 months I finally have an up-date (see) http://surrealiststudio.blogspot.com/2006/02/manipulated-by-manipulator.html to this slow work in progress. Now you got to go easy, first of all, due to the move from Georgia to Kansas, working on the illustrated novel, attending schools and whatever else seems to fall into my plate there is not a whole lot done. But taken the fact that there is a lot of detail kicking with this one and to add to this....alright I'm done making excuses; this is what I got:
As you can tell, not much has come along, but believe it or not I just picked the project up about 4 days ago.

The neck and arm, both of which are coming together. Signs of the skin being burnt and stretch along with the smooth deep holes; all of which are shaded in Micron 02 0.30mm pen.



The detail for the neck connecting to the membrane on his back required a great amount of painstaking strokes, calm and stillness. With the tip so small and the flow of the ink, one sneeze, cough or poke to the arm could destroy the detail I was going for.


But different views and steady hands closed on some tight spaces and the outcome for it is looking great. I have no idea when it will be done. I'm hoping before the end of the year, but I guess will just see what is in store.

4 comments:

fortwertz said...

I appreciate the stop in on my work. I, too, am a dad--a teacher--an illustrator. I envy dark contrast and haven't yet found a consistent formula in my work, but explore avenues that hopefully communicate well. You, too, have the graphic nature that pulls people in. I also want to thank you for going the extra mile with serving our county. Hats off and your efforts are well noted.

Unknown said...

very neat design and details!

Unknown said...

Hello! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your comments are appreciated greatly! This peice you're working on here is very striking. I used to be addicted to comics in high school I and I remember wanting so badly to be able to draw that way (human bodies, anatomically corect musculature, effects etc). Your stlye reminds me strongly of those comics ( Image, Top cow and stuff like that, particularly witchblade and the darkness)... Its a great skill! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for stopping by my website!

This piece looks like it's going to rock- very detailed. I hope you can find the time to keep it going. :)