Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Untitled Design: Update#2


This illustration has been keeping me on my toes. I’ve been trying new methods of inking, and coloring techniques. Just a little bit from what I would normally do.
Here’s what I’ve got so far:

Fine ink work of course; these little touch and go’s get complicated the finer the line gets-
This one was some work I did up top just to get some foundation and three-d effects-

After I got some really close detail, I’ve done something I’ve never done before, that is add color in before the entire design was completely inked. Normally, I would’ve never done that, but as I’ve said before, this one is speaking in some weird voices-

The Prisma Markers give it a look I haven't used in a long time, so I'm wondering how much touch up I will have to do in Photo Shop. I darkened it a bit here just to grab a smooth look against the edge.
And finally this is what you see now. Not much done with the time I’ve had, but over here, my artwork is done in what is called the off time…and there is not much of that. But patients is what I’ve got and hopefully it works out.

1 comment:

HARDWAX said...

Your process is always fascinating, and I to am surprised you began the color before the finish or completion of inking, but it's working beautifully.
I've been staring at this and I see a baby in a womb of green fluid and imbeded and surrounded by all manner of enigma. I tell you Mike, I am very curious as to the title you come up with for this piece.

I love your work! Please stay safe, and I look forward to your next post.