Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Saturday, January 06, 2007

NOS…???



Time for a break so I thought I would drop a post. Okay, the past couple of days I’ve been really bogged down with all the work I’ve laid on me. Yeah.... don’t you hate when you create your own work and have no one to blame for being busy but you? Okay so I’m at the shoppette on post Friday and I just dropped Maria off at work, I’m already done and was told to come back on Monday for regular PT (Physical Training) at 0615 (another day of running). Run down and feeling burnt out with no energy left; I stopped in to grab a Red Bull and saw these instead. NOS? Wasn’t sure what to make of it, so I picked up 3 and brought them back home, jumped in the studio and donned my brain to begin the creative part of all layout designs. I received the post from Illustration Friday about the newest topic…BUZZ. I could sure use one, I thought as I sat there at the drawing board; and started on lay out ideas. You know, beer bottles, pictures of insects that go buzz and none of that was hitting the spot. Well cracked open one of these NOS and decided to give’em a try! WOW!!! It was all I could say.
My hand was working on the paper faster than my warped mind could think. With God Smack “Time Bomb” kicking in the back ground the only thing I could do was roll with the flow. Hey the bottom line is this, I found myself up until 3am working on an illustration, mind full throttle, and had to force myself to crash. But even when I was laying in bed on my way to the happy world of slumber, I still had the illustration in my head, I could see the colors fill themselves into the humble lines of way. I think this stuff is better than Red Bull, and I’ve been a big fan of it since my last deployment. But I have to say, step out of the bull, NOS is about to blow by! So if you’re into energy drinks; give NOS a try.
Here are some pictures of pre-layout and over lay designs for this week.
R/S
MRF



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nitrous Oxide? That's laughing gas.

Chio_Garu said...

Wow...that was a lot to take in ^^

Nice illustrations

Jason said...

Very good drawings. That's why I stick to taking pictures because I can't draw worth a damn.