Welcome to Surrealist Studio

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Real Gone


This will be my last update for a little while. As some of you know already, my unit was called up last October to Support Operation Iraqi Freedom. And that time was pushed forward due to the sudden surge of troops needed for Baghdad. So next week, I will be part of that big push. Of course where I'm going; I can't say, and when; again, can't really say. But I will continue to work on my art work in my down time, make a contribution to Illustration Friday (again when time is permitted) and hopefully have my book finished and ready to go on my return from this deployment. I will update this site from time to time, but it will be nothing to due with Iraq. A big part of our failure in the war on terror is "lose lips sink ships, and tittle tattle can lose a battle." But again, I wish everyone a great year, and talk to everyone real soon. In the mean time, My little contribution (the last for a little while) to illustration friday this week: Red.
Title: My Lost Love
Medium: Prisma Color Pencil, Ebony Pencil
Size: 8 1/2 X 11
R/S
MRF

2 comments:

Laura said...

Mike, just wanted to say take care and bye for now. Hope you find time for your art and stay safe.

Godspeed,
Laura
(as in best wishes on your journey unlike what I found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godspeed - who knew?!)

HARDWAX said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this piece. A strange and beautiful face, Wow, as if looking at most of her face from the inside out!